Powered by Blogger.

My Winter Night Time Routine


Winter is not my favourite season at all, and I dread the colder months coming round every year. I wish it could be spring or autumn all year round, but since winter is always gonna rear its ugly head, it's really helpful to have a night-time routine that can help make it just that bit more bearable.

BLOG
I use the evenings to get down and schedule a lot of blog posts. I feel so productive at night, so I like to make full use of it and get some blog work done. I check my editorial calendar, read some other blog posts from the day, and read and re-read upcoming posts to make sure they're the best they could be. I like to make sure everything is in order before making some tea.

SOCIAL MEDIA, YOUTUBE, NETFLIX
Once that's been taken care of and I've had my fill of tea for the evening, I get all of my screen time out of the way. I spend an embarrassing amount of time on Twitter, Snapchat, and Instagram just scrolling through and enjoying myself. I also take this time to catch up on YouTube videos and shows on Netflix (I'm seriously loving Jane the Virgin and Riverdale!) and also on my k-dramas (I just finished While You Were Sleeping, and Doctor Stranger).

In my old routine, I would have done all of this in bed until 2am, but I've now changed my ways!

Once I'm satisfied I've had enough screen time for the day, I head upstairs. It's now important for me to make my room a no social media zone, so I do all of this downstairs!

SHOWER & SKINCARE
I'm one of those weird people that love to shower twice a day, but it's the night-time showers that I just seem to love the most. It helps me get warm and scrub off all the grime of the day and get into my bed squeaky clean! Afterwards, I wear warm pyjamas, fluffy socks and a huge dressing gown and get my skincare done too. You can have a read of my skincare routine right here!

YOGA & MEDITATION
Yoga and meditation really help me relax before I get into bed. I stick on a quick video on YouTube and make sure I stretch and relax all my muscles before I sleep.

When I'm in bed, I also make sure to mediate. I focus on my breathing and try to clear out all the thoughts from the day. The more times I do this, the easier it is to not get bombarded by a lot of thoughts at once! So, I try to meditate everyday and I have a tracker in my bullet journal for this.

READ
The newest edition to my night time routine! I read for at least 30 minutes, and when I start yawning and rubbing at my eyes, I know it's time for bed.

As you can see, my routine is mainly about trying to keep myself warm and cosy! I love this little routine, so tell me what your routine looks like down below! I've come a long way - no more phones in bed and all -  and I'm pretty proud of myself!