Powered by Blogger.

Chicken Vermicelli | Recipe


I love a recipe that is so easy to make, and I'm sure you know this based on my previous recipes. The other day, my parents went grocery shopping and came back with some vermicelli noodles. I have always been scared of cooking with them because the first time I tried to cook with them, the dish ended up being a mushy mess!

So I like to avoid it at all costs, but when they came with it from the supermarket, I went over to good ol' Pinterest and got some ideas for what I could do with them. After a while, I found this delicious recipe!

This recipe has a lot of prep but it's easy once everything is chopped and thrown into the pan. As with any recipe that I post, you can tweak this to your liking. I have added chicken and eggs, but they can easily be taken out and replaced with whatever you like. The next time I make this, it's going to be with tofu!

Here's the recipe:

YOU WILL NEED:
200g vermicelli noodles
2 chicken breasts or thighs
3 eggs
Pak choi
1 cup of broccoli florets
1/2 small savoy cabbage
1 carrot
1 red bell pepper
Small piece of ginger
1 tsp garlic paste
Soy sauce
1 tsp curry powder
Salt and pepper to taste

Start off by marinating your chicken. Chop your chicken into either strips or bitesize pieces. I marinated them with 1 tablespoon of soy sauce and garlic paste. Once this is done, set it aside in a bowl.

Next place your vermicelli noodles in a large bowl and cover with hot water. This is to soften them without them turning into mush! Once they have soaked for 10 minutes, remove them from the hot water and rinse them with cold water to keep them firm. Don't worry though; they'll cook later on!

Now chop your vegetables. As I said earlier, use whatever vegetables you want to! These were the ones I had on hand. I would recommend you to cut them into strips, as the noodles are long. Once everything is ready, you can heat your wok or large frying pan with a little oil.

First, whisk and fry the eggs over a medium heat until they are cooked. Remove them from the wok and set them aside.

After this, fry your marinated chicken and make sure all the pieces are cooked all the way through. To make sure your chicken is cooked, cut the biggest piece in half and check to make sure it's white all the way through. Once the chicken is cooked, remove from the wok and set this aside too.

Now, throw all of your vegetables into your pan with a bit more oil. I found that the oil was all used up from before so I also added a splash of water. Cook your vegetables until they are tender but still crisp! There should be a crunch! Add your curry powder and ginger and fry for 5 - 10 minutes. Once they are cooked, add your eggs and chicken and fry for a minute.

At this time, add in your vermicelli noodles and if they are too long to mix properly, then cut them up with a clean pair of kitchen scissors. I see this in Korean cooking and it's so handy! Fry your noodles for 2 minutes or until they are all heated through and add a bit of soy sauce, and salt and pepper to taste. You can even add a teaspoon of sesame oil!

This can be eaten as a side or as a main meal depending on how much you want to eat! The best part is that it stores in the fridge for a few days, so you have the next day's lunches and dinners all ready! Mix and match with the ingredients and see how it works for you!



RELATED POST: