Powered by Blogger.

10 Lists To Make When You're In A Funk


Lists, lists, and more lists! I love them! I write a list for literally everything, and if you're anything like me, you'll find that they just organise your thoughts better and keep you in check. Sometimes, we have "one of those days" where we don't feel like doing anything productive and we just decide to remain in that state. However, I have 10 lists here that are gonna help you out when you feel stuck or in a rut and need some positive motivation to get you going.

#1 LIST OF THINGS YOU ARE GRATEFUL FOR
I firmly believe that there are always things to be grateful for, even when you look at your situation and don't see anything you can appreciate. Take a pen and paper and make a list of all the things you are grateful for, and really force yourself to write down a minimum of 5. Make sure to reflect on the things on your list to really solidify in your mind that there are always things to appreciate. I have a post all about cultivating gratitude in your life right here

#2 LIST OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS
I love motivating myself by looking back on all that I have accomplished within the past few years. Making this list will help you see everything you've managed to push through and achieve and also to look forward and realise all that you can accomplish in the future.

#3 LIST OF YOUR FAVOURITE BOOKS/PODCASTS/TALKS/MOVIES/SONGS
Literally, this list could go on forever! Gather all of your favourite songs and movies etc and then go through and listen to them or watch them or read them! It's so important to have something creative you can fall on when you're in a funk. I love creating playlists and I have so many on my phone for every moment and mood. Listening to music really helps pull me out of a bad mental space, as well as reading a good book.

#4 LIST OF YOUR FAVOURITE AFFIRMATIONS
Positive affirmations are short, powerful statements that you say to yourself to help get you in a better mindset. Having a list of affirmations that you can go back to will help you in keeping your mind focused on something motivating and positive. I have a list of positive affirmations that you can check out right here.

#5 LIST OF THINGS YOU DON'T LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF + HOW YOU CAN WORK ON THEM
The first part of this list sounds counter-productive, but hear me out! A list of things you don't like about yourself will bring out that negativity in your mind and put it all out on paper. Then, next to those things write down what you can do to work on them. For instance, my skin is something I really hate, but something I can do to work on it is get a skincare routine in place to improve it! I really think a list like this can help because it forces you to not only think about the negative, but on how you can switch this around into a positive too.


#6 LIST OF THINGS YOU DO LIKE ABOUT YOURSELF
On the flip side, you can also write down all the things you love about yourself! Self-love is a continuous journey but you may feel like there isn't anything to love about yourself. However, writing down things you love about your personality or your appearance, for example, can really help motivate you. When you're in a funk, you can look at this list and realise that you are lovable and worthy of love too.

#7 LIST OF THINGS YOU ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO
I love it when I'm looking forward to something and it feels like it just can't come fast enough! Writing down a list of everything you have to look forward to within the week, or month, or even the next few years can really give you a boost when you're feeling down. I love doing this every so often to get me more positive and excited for the future! These don't have to be big or extravagant things; they can be as simple as a new album by your favourite artist, a pet's birthday or even a package that you've ordered. Just write down anything that will make you more excited!

#8 LIST OF SELF-CARE PRACTISES THAT WORK FOR YOU
The most important part of this is that it works for you! Take inspiration from as many sources as possible but remember that self-care ultimately comes down to what does and doesn't help you, and only using the things that do. I have a list of self-care practises right here! When you're in a bad mental space, refer to your list of tried and tested practises. 

#9 LIST OF WHO YOUR FAVOURITE PEOPLE ARE AND WHY
I love this list because I get to reflect on my friends and family and why I love them all so much! When you get your list all written, make sure to go and tell your favourite people that you love them and are grateful for their presence in your life. By doing this, you're also helping them feel loved and spreading more positivity into the world (which is always a good thing!). 

#10 LIST OF YOUR FAVOURITE QUOTES
I love a good quote, especially when it's said by someone I really admire and look up to. For me though, I think a Pinterest board of all my favourite quotes would do better than a list because I just have too many! Get together your favourite quotes and refer back to it when you need some inspiration! I also have a blog post of some of my favourite quotes that you can read here

So here are 10 lists you can write to help get you out of a funk! Hopefully this gives you some inspiration for what you can do when you're not feeling your best and you want to get back to your old self. Of course, a list isn't going to solve every issue, so always reach out to someone you trust if you feel like you need more help!




Photo Credit: Create Her Stock